High blood pressure symptoms are so general that it sometimes can be mistaken for something else. That is why it is important to be wary of the symptoms that go with the disease.
Below are some of the telling symptoms of high blood pressure to be wary of. Also included in the list are some of the ways that you can manage these symptoms.
Symptoms of High Blood Pressure
Below are some of the symptoms of high blood pressure:
- High blood pressure can cause headaches. It is one of the most common causes of high blood pressure.
- High blood pressure can cause nosebleeds. This is quite rare but be wary of this sign if you are diagnosed with high blood pressure.
- High blood pressure can cause pain in the neck.
- It can give you a general feeling of unwell. This can be mistaken for some other illness. If this feeling of unwell lasts for a long time, it’s best to admit yourself to the nearest hospital.
- Sometimes high blood pressure can give blood spots in the eyes, but this is quite rare.
- High blood pressure can make your face red. The reddening of the face due to high blood pressure is called a facial flush.
- High blood pressure can make you feel dizzy and is oftentimes associated with headaches.
Ways to Manage Symptoms of High Blood Pressure
Below are some of the ways to manage high blood pressure symptoms:
- Cut off some of that weight: Blood pressure has a strong relation to weight (Bhoyrul, 2019). As your weight increases, your blood pressure increases too. Calculate your body mass index and check if your weight is indeed going overboard the normal range. Then, lose those extra unhealthy pounds.
- Live a proactive life: Don’t be a couch potato. Keep those limbs moving. Walking every day for 30 minutes does a lot for your cardiovascular health.
Exercising every day encourages good blood flow (Hills, N.D). It can also make your heart strong. If you wanted to regulate your blood pressure, engage in aerobic exercises. Some of the most common aerobic exercises that you can engage in are swimming, walking, running, and dancing.
- Eat a balanced diet, consisting mostly of healthy food: Eat a balanced diet with an equal combination of every macronutrient. Try to also add more vegetables, whole grains, low-fat products, and fruits to your diet. If you are at risk of high blood pressure, lessen the inclusion of cholesterol-rich food into your diet.
- CBD oil: CBD oil has a positive impact on a person’s cardiovascular health (Booth, 2019). These impacts are due to the different properties of the oil that aids blood vessel dilation, inflammation prevention, blood flow regulation, and more.
High blood pressure symptoms can be obscure, but you need to be educated in these telling signs as these can save your life. To alleviate the symptoms of high blood pressure, try to do some life-saving tips like exercise, eating a balanced diet, and CBD oil intake.
1) Bhoyrul, Sunil. (2019) How Are Weight Loss and Blood Pressure Related? Available at:
2) Hills, Jenny. (N.D) How to Improve Blood Circulation Naturally (Research Based). Available at:
3) Booth, Megan. (2019) CBD and Heart Health. Available at: